7年用户 155经验值
私信 关注
[问答]

计算模式与图形

嗨,
我需要一些帮助才能理解computemode。
今天我们有一个带有Nvidia M60卡的测试系统,我们一直在图形模式下运行它,并为ESXi VM添加了几个不同的配置文件,并且运行良好。
现在我们有一个客户想要在Compute模式下测试这个系统,所以我们用switch模式命令改变了它,这似乎没问题。
但我现在不明白的是,我们应该向VM添加配置文件还是应该使用常规的VMware VGA卡?
他们将在CentOS上测试一些应用程序,不太确定哪些应用程序,但它们使用Compute模式。
我想知道配置文件的原因是因为我在将ESXi主机更改为计算模式后尝试启动其中一个VM,并且它们无法启动时出现错误“无法初始化插件”/ usr / lib64 / vmware
/plugin/libnvidia-vgx.so'for vGPU“
请解释我在这里缺少的内容,以及围绕计算模式的概念。
感谢您的回复。
问候
安德烈亚斯

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi,

I need some help to understand computemode.
Today we have a test system with Nvidia M60 card, and we have been running it in graphics mode, and added several different profiles to ESXi VM`s and that has been working well.

Now we have a customer wanting to test this system in Compute mode instead, so we have changed it with the switch mode command and that`s seems ok. But what I now don`t understand is, should we add profiles to the VM`s or should they use regular VMware VGA card ? They are going to test some applications on CentOS, not quite sure what applications, but it uses Compute mode they said.
The reason I am wondering about the profiles, is because I tried to boot one of the VM`s after we changed ESXi host to compute mode, and they fail to boot with the error "Could not initialize plugin '/usr/lib64/vmware/plugin/libnvidia-vgx.so' for vGPU"

Please explain what I am missing here, and the concept around compute mode.

Thanks for reply.

Regards
Andreas

回帖(1)

刘珊宏

2018-9-7 16:54:03
嗨安德烈亚斯,
计算模式不支持vGPU。
您无法在计算模式下使用vGPU配置文件。
在计算模式下,威廉希尔官方网站 板具有不同的BAR尺寸作为示例。
如果您不想运行图形并且只需要使用CUDA进行带有Passthrough(vDGA)的计算,那么您就可以了。
另一方面,特斯拉M60不支持使用vGPU配置文件的CUDA。
所以它真的取决于用例。
问候
西蒙

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi Andreas,

compute mode doesn't support vGPU. You cannot use vGPU profiles in compute mode. In compute mode the board has a different BAR size as example. If you don't want to run graphics and just need CUDA for compute with Passthrough (vDGA) then you're fine.
On the other hand, Tesla M60 won't support CUDA with vGPU profiles. So it really depends on the use case.

Regards

Simon
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分