他们已经拥有3个vmware主机,每个主机上安装了1个Nvidia Grid K1,不用于任何东西:P
所以我想也许我可以在新的XenApp环境中使用这些K1。
他们有大约600名XenApp用户。
是否有可能以支持许多用户的任何方式拆分这些K1?
他们不需要任何特殊的gpus,只是为了可以使用它们的一般性能改进。
如果没有,我们可以从这3张卡中获得多少服务器/用户。
如果我们不能将它们用于每个人,也许我们至少可以为一些用户提供更好的性能。
假设可以在一台主机上的4台XenApp服务器上拆分1张卡,这样每台卡都可以获得1 GB的视频RAM。
如果1个用户从gpu中消耗所有资源,而另一个用户尝试启动也使用gpu的东西,会发生什么?
据我所知,Grid K1和K2不需要任何特殊许可才能使用?
但是较新的Mxx需要许可。
谢谢

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hello

I've done some XenDesktop installations with Grid K2, but never any XenApp installations and need some advice.

We're about to do a new installation of XenApp at one of our customers.
They already have 3 vmware hosts with 1 Nvidia Grid K1 installed on each host that are not used for anything :P
So i thought that maybe i can use these K1s in their new XenApp environment.

They have around 600 XenApp users.
Is it possible to split these K1s in any way that would support that many users?
They don't need the gpus for anything special, just for general performance improvments where they can be used.
If not, how many servers/users can we get out of these 3 cards. If we can't use them for everyone, maybe we can at least give some users a better performance.

Say it is possible to split 1 card on 4 XenApp servers on one host so that each get 1 GB video ram.
What happens if 1 user consume all resources from the gpu, and another users tries to start something that also use the gpu?

From what i understand the Grid K1 and K2 don't need any special licensing to use? But the newer Mxx need licensing.

Thanks

回帖(4)

张红玲

2018-9-25 17:45:43
你好,
GRID K1卡有4个物理GPU。
可以使用GPU直通或使用vGPU配置文件将GPU分配给XenApp服务器。
如果使用GPU直通,则将1 GPU分配给1个XenApp服务器。
如果使用vGPU配置文件(预设GPU配置(帧缓冲区,显示磁头,分辨率)),则可以将每个物理GPU划分为多个虚拟GPU(vGPU)。
您的想法是将一个vGPU配置文件分配给XenApp服务器(为其提供一个vGPU)。
您应该在NVIDIA网站上找到列出所有vGPU配置文件和配置的表格。
我列出了3个可能适合您的vGPU配置文件,包括GPU passthrough:
-  GPU passthrough  - 将为每台主机提供4个GPU,4个XenApp服务器,50个用户。
XenApp服务器
-  K180Q  - 将提供4个vGPU(4096MB帧缓冲),每个主机4个XenApp服务器,50个用户pr。
XenApp服务器(600/12)
-  K160Q  - 将提供8个vGPU(2048MB帧缓冲),每个主机8个XenApp服务器,25个用户pr。
XenApp服务器(600/24)
-  K140Q  - 将提供16个vGPU(1024MB帧缓冲),每个主机16个XenApp服务器,12,5个用户pr。
XenApp服务器(600/48)
哪种配置可以提供最佳性能?
那么,这取决于使用情况,以及您使用的应用程序/资源是否能够使用GPU。
大多数较新的操作系统和应用程序都能够做到这一点,即。
Windows Server 2016,Windows 10,Internet Explorer和Office,但XenApp没有使用GPU来解决这些问题。
另一件事是使用GPU passthrough还是vGPU配置文件。
我不确定哪个能提供更好的性能(即GPU直通与K180Q)。
我可能会在您的环境中使用K160Q或K140Q vGPU配置文件。
K1 / K2不需要许可。
问候
托雷

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi there,

The GRID K1 card has 4 physical GPUs. The GPUs can be assigned to XenApp servers using either GPU passthrough or by using vGPU profiles. If you use GPU passthrough, you assign 1 GPU to 1 XenApp server. If you use vGPU profiles, which are preset GPU configurations (frame buffer, display heads, resolution), you can divide each physical GPU into multiple virtual GPUs (vGPU). The idea is that you assign one vGPU profile to a XenApp server (giving it one vGPU). You should find tables listing all vGPU profiles and configurations on the NVIDIA website. I've listed 3 of the vGPU profiles that might be appropriate for you, including GPU passthrough:

- GPU passthrough - Would give 4 GPUs, 4 XenApp servers per host, 50 users pr. XenApp server
- K180Q - Would give 4 vGPUs (4096MB frame buffer), 4 XenApp servers per host, 50 users pr. XenApp server (600 / 12)
- K160Q - Would give 8 vGPUs (2048MB frame buffer), 8 XenApp servers per host, 25 users pr. XenApp server (600 / 24)
- K140Q - Would give 16 vGPUs (1024MB frame buffer), 16 XenApp servers per host, 12,5 users pr. XenApp server (600 / 48)

Which configuration gives the best performance? Well, that depends on the usage, and whether the applications/resources you use are able to utilize a GPU. Most newer operating systems and applications are able to do this, ie. Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Internet Explorer and Office, but there are issues with XenApp not utilizing GPU for these. Another thing is whether to use GPU passthrough or vGPU profile. I'm not sure which gives the better performance to be honest (ie. GPU passthrough vs. K180Q). I'd probably go with the K160Q or K140Q vGPU profiles in your environment.

K1/K2 does not require licensing.

Regards
Tore
举报

肖风迎

2018-9-25 17:56:27
嗨,
只是为了添加你还需要FB,因此我只会尝试使用Passthrough或K180Q配置。
50位用户也有点高。
需要测试。
问候
西蒙

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi,

just to add you also need FB, therefore I would only try to use the Passthrough or K180Q config. And 50 users is also a bit high. Needs to be tested.

regards

Simon
举报

徐静

2018-9-25 18:01:32
谢谢,这有很多帮助。
有一点需要补充,我不认为它将是600个并发用户,它们在全球范围内传播,因此可能同时为300-400。
是否有更多输入要使用的配置文件?

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Thanks, that helped alot.
One thing to add, i don't think it will be 600 concurrent users, they are spread worldwide so maybe 300-400 at the same time.

Any more input for which profile to use?
举报

刘溪

2018-9-25 18:08:31
回应Simon上面所说的,这是你最好的选择。
将整个GPU与XenApp一起使用,不要在多个XenApp服务器之间拆分GPU。
您只有2个(实际)选项,K180Q或Passthrough。
其他任何东西都没有足够的Framebuffer。
对于每个XenApp VM的50个用户,这有点乐观。
根据所有常见的资源因素,我计划每个XenApp虚拟机20到30个,如果你得到更多,那就太好了!
但是每K1仍然有80-120个用户
问候

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Echoing what Simon says above, this is your best option.

Use the entire GPU with XenApp, do not split the GPU between multiple XenApp servers. You only have 2 (realistic) options, K180Q or Passthrough. Anything else won't have enough Framebuffer.

As for 50 users per XenApp VM, this is a bit optimistic. Depending on all the usual resource factors, I'd plan for 20 - 30 per XenApp VM, and if you get more then great! But that's still 80 - 120 users per K1

Regards
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分