英伟达
直播中

阮薇

7年用户 213经验值
私信 关注
[问答]

使用DDA和Nvidia Tesla M60在Windows Server 2016上播放硬件加速视频的问题

我正在做的全部观点是允许在我的远程桌面服务器主机VM上的硬件加速视频,该主机也在Windows Server 2016上。主机也在Windows Server 2016上。
我们使用的是Nvidia Tesla M60,我正在使用HyperV的Discrete Device Assignment将卡的两个GPU安装到虚拟机中。
这已经完成,GPU确实出现在虚拟机中。
我首先安装了驱动程序的问题(使用最新的385.54驱动程序),但我能够恢复并手动完成它们现在在那里。
我还在VM上启用了本地组策略,以便它为所有远程桌面服务会话使用硬件默认图形适配器。
但是,当我去测试GPU时,视频仍然使用CPU,并且它在点上非常不连贯。
我在远程桌面上使用服务器上的VLC(Video Lan)视频播放器。
是的,我需要一个特殊的视频播放器来确保它有效吗?
我需要使用不同的驱动程序吗?
起初视频驱动程序无法安装,但我做了一个“干净”重新安装,他们确实安装,但它仍然无法正常工作。
我有一代2 VM,这与它有什么关系吗?

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

The entire point to what I am doing is to allow hardware accelerated Video on my Remote Desktop Server Host VM which is on Server 2016.  The host is also on Windows Server 2016.

We are using an Nvidia Tesla M60 and I am using Discrete Device Assignment with HyperV to mount the two GPU's of the card into the Virtual Machine.

This has been done and the GPU's do show up in the virtual machine.
I had an issue with the drivers installing at first (using 385.54 drivers which are the latest), however I was able to recover and do it manually and they are now in there.

I have also have enabled in local group policy on the VM so that it uses the hardware default graphics adapter for all Remote Desktop Services sessions.

However, when I go to test the GPU, the video still uses the CPU and it's extremely choppy at points.

I am using the VLC (Video Lan) Video player on the server over remote desktop.

Do, I need a special video player to make sure it works?  Do I need to use different drivers.  At first the video drivers failed to install, but I did a "clean" reinstall and they did install, but it still doesn't work.

I have a generation 2 VM, does this have anything to do with it?

回帖(11)

何圆

2018-10-10 17:21:44
None
以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi, Tim.

First off, my understanding is that DDA under Hyper-V this isn't officially supported yet for driving multiple GPUs -- I assume you're suing GRID 5.0? It does work, however, with our experiments using two P4 cards, so I'm not sure if having two physical engines on the M60 may add complexity and issues. You do have to install your VMs cleanly and not pull them in from some other installation and expect them to work. Use the latest GRID 5.0 drivers on those VMs. Which license/profile are you using?

It could also be the video player -- can you run anything else successfully that shows as properly tapping onto the GPUs and does nvdidia-smi.exe indicate GPU activity on your VMs?

BTW, NVIDIA support said to look for this configuration to supposedly be supported sometime next year when GRID 6.X is released.
举报

赵秀英

2018-10-10 17:30:40
根本不支持多GPU。
您可以做的是将2个GPU从M60分配给2个具有1:1分配的VM。
你在哪里下载驱动程序?
385.54肯定不是GRID驱动程序。
您需要从nvidia.flexnetooperations.com下载正确的驱动程序。
您可以使用nvidia.com/grideval创建试用帐户。
除此之外,它应该与VLC和其他玩家合作。
当然它仍然使用CPU,但你也应该看到GPU负载。
根据视频的不同,它还需要在会话中进行解码,例如,尤其是Youtube需要小心,因为它们在VP9中解码,而Maxwell板无法在硬件中解码VP9。
问候
西蒙

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Multi GPU is not supported at all. What you could do is to assign the 2 GPUs from M60 to 2 VMs with 1:1 assignment.
Where did you download the driver? 385.54 is for sure not a GRID driver. You need to download the correct drivers from nvidia.flexnetooperations.com. You can create a trial account with nvidia.com/grideval.

Apart from that it should work with VLC and other players. For sure it still uses the CPU but you should also see GPU load. Depending on the video it also needs to be decoded in the session and for example you need to be careful especially with Youtube as they decode in VP9 and Maxwell boards are not capable to decode VP9 in hardware.

Regards

Simon
举报

李捷

2018-10-10 17:48:01
好的,所以我们知道你明年才能使用两个GPU。
这不是一个大问题,因为我们可以构建第二个VM来执行此操作。
所以,现在我在VM中只有一个GPU,并且我通过powershell中的这个命令为它分配了最多8千兆字节:
Set-VM FX1 -GuestControlledCacheTypes $ True -LowMemoryMappedIoSpace 2000MB -HighMemoryMappedIoSpace 8000MB
我也了解到我们需要为M60提供某种GRID驱动程序。
我不知道这个,但我注册了flexnetoperations.com,但我似乎无法找到该网站。
它出现了,我有两个选择。
Nvidia许可门户和Nvidia企业支持
当我点击Nvidia Enterprise支持时,它会进入这个不存在的网站:
http://mantainance.nvidia.com/subject/contact.emails.address
我验证了我的电子邮件地址,所以这应该不是问题。
更新:我可能应该先尝试一下......
nvidia.com/grideval
那么,是否有某个视频可以帮助安装“网格”软件?
我现在处于可以兑换我获得的钥匙的地步。
在我看来,我们可能不得不购买此产品。
这个多少钱?
我在哪里付款?
我是否在HyperV主机或VM guest虚拟机上安装Grid软件?
从我到目前为止,似乎这不是一个非常直接的过程。
在未来,你们应该确保人们知道要求是什么,并且有前期成本。
我只是假设这只是一直都是免费的司机。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Okay, so we have learned you can't use two GPU's until next year.  Not really a huge problem because we can build a second VM to do this.

So, now I have only one GPU in the VM and I have assigned up to 8 Gigabytes to it by way of this command in powershell:

Set-VM FX1 -GuestControlledCacheTypes $True -LowMemoryMappedIoSpace 2000MB -HighMemoryMappedIoSpace 8000MB

I also have learned that we need some kind of GRID drivers for the M60. I didn't know about this, but I signed up to the flexnetoperations.com, but I can't seem to find the website.  It comes up and I am offered two options.

Nvidia Licensing Portal and Nvidia Enterprise Support

When I click on the Nvidia Enterprise Support it goes to this website which doesn't exist:
http://mantainance.nvidia.com/subject/contact.emails.address

I verified my email address so it shouldn't be a problem.

UPDATE: I probably should have tried this first....
nvidia.com/grideval

So, is there a video somewhere to help with the installation of the "Grid" software?
I am at the point now in which I can redeem my Key that I obtained.

It seems to me that we might have to purchase this.  How much is it?  Where do I pay for it?

Do I install the Grid software on the HyperV Host or the VM guest?

From what I have so far, it seems like this isn't a very straight forward process.  In the future, you guys should make sure people know what the requirements are for and that there is an upfront cost.

I was just assuming that this was just drivers which are always free.
举报

陈炜

2018-10-10 18:01:46
我只是想确保我很清楚,因为我需要知道要使用哪个版本的Nvidia Grid。
整个目的是让虚拟机提供RDSH和NOT VDI,同时为许多用户提供硬件加速视频。
所以你有8到16个人使用一台服务器,他们播放的任何视频都将采用GPU加速,因此它非常好,流畅且不会波动。
基本上,我在加利福尼亚州的一个法院工作,我们需要专注于使用这个VM播放视频。
因此,视频是一个巨大的优先事项,并获得最佳性能。
因此,为了做到这一点,我被告知我需要Windows Server 2016并为主机和来宾使用DDA(离散设备分配)。
那么,现在我们知道我们会有很多人使用一台服务器而没有单独的服务器并且使用DDA而不是RemoteFX,我需要哪个版本的网格以及定价如何运作?
我需要支付还是单独支付?

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

I just want to make sure that I am clear as I need to know which version of Nvidia Grid to use.

The entire purpose is to have a Virtual Machine serve up RDSH and NOT VDI that serves up hardware accelerated video for many users at one time.

So you have 8 to 16 people using one server and any video that they play will be GPU accelerated so that it's nice and smooth and isn't choppy.

Basically, I work for a court house in California and we need to focus on playing video well using this VM.  So, video is a huge priority and get the best performance.

So, in order to do this I was told that I would need Windows Server 2016 and use DDA (Discrete Device Assignment) for the host and the guest.

So, now we know that we will have many people using one server and not have separate servers and uses DDA and not RemoteFX, which version of Grid do I need and how does the pricing work?

Do I have to pay for support or is it seperate?
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分