我们的IC提高了汽车的安全性和效率。
我们的产品在计算和通信网络中至关重要,如果没有我们的某些设备,他们的手机可能无法正常工作。
(我引起了他们的注意。)
我谈到了我们的环境和安全工程师,他们制定了保证员工安全和公司责任的程序。
我谈到了我们的封装工程师,他们制作了我设计的硅片和金属片的蓝图。
我谈到了我们的质量和可靠性工程师,他们对统计数据和设计规则检查的不懈追求帮助安森美半导体定期成为众多客户的最佳供应商和合作伙伴。
我只讨论了工程师构建的片段,并将其扩展到半导体行业以外的专业领域。
工程师们建造桥梁,过山车,电子设备,方法,假肢,网络......这个名单是无限的。
(是的,对于STEM中的“数学”人来说,“无限”是值得商榷的,但让我们在另一天这样做。)
我很清楚。
我希望女孩们睁开眼睛看STEM的可能性和承诺。
我做的工作和任何工程师 - 销售人员一样好,但我承认,尽管有演讲,实践活动,他们遇到的令人惊叹的女性,以及他们在会议期间得到的鼓励,但他们可能会
完全选择不同的路径。
我不情愿地让他们知道这没关系,但我仍然希望他们成为建立的女性。
妇女可以建立家庭。
我们可以建立医疗实践。
我们可以培养几代学生成为教师。
女人可以在任何地方附近建造笨蛋。
就像我们需要我们的基础,桥梁和教育一样强大,我们的社会也需要坚强的女性。
我们是人口的一半 - 想想所有建立在我们身上的东西。
如果我们作为女性要建立任何东西,我们需要愿意并且能够坚强,坚定,并帮助建立彼此。
我们周围发生了拆除,但我们不必成为其中的一部分。
我们可以建立。
我鼓励观众中的每一个女孩,无论他们是否考虑从事STEM职业,都要成为一名建立女性的女性。
它并不总是那么容易,但建筑的美感在于它可以随时开始。
无论是斗式清单,下一代STEM专业人士,您自己还是其他人,建筑都可以从现在开始。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

One of the first items on my bucket list is to build a real bucket list. I know I will die before doing all I want, so I let bucket list items float in my head rather than write them down. Besides, most of my jumbled inventory is built as I experience something spectacular and think, “That should have been on my bucket list. Check.”  
This may not be how bucket lists work—by adding items after the fact—but since it’s my list, I get to build it however I want.
Last week, I simultaneously checked off and added being the keynote speaker at Idaho State’s 15th annual “Women in Work” conference.  Each spring, Idaho State University’s Center for New Directions hosts over 225 girls in grades 9 through 12 from regional high schools, ISU students, and community members to learn about occupations in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). Degrees and certifications in STEM can provide a livable income, employment benefits, and professional opportunities extending beyond a minimum wage job and into a successful career.

This conference showcases women in various STEM careers so attendees can learn about opportunities they might not know exist and envision themselves in a STEM career down the road. I have facilitated workshops that walk attendees through the semiconductor design process in years past, but it was at year 17 in my engineering career, that I was asked to keynote. I admit. I squealed when I got the call.
The point of my talk was to sell them on STEM, so I gave my best sales pitch. They didn’t know that I’m one of those engineers who has only recently been put in front of customers. They didn’t know that I can’t wait for a room to know that I’m an engineer because it can explain and excuse my social deficiencies in an instant. I’m hardly a salesperson, but it’s pretty easy for me to sell this career that’s been good to me.
I showed pictures of me in a pink tutu at age three, in my Girl Scout uniform at age seven, and with my trombone in high school. I showed myself in a bike helmet and an ISU t-shirt during my college volleyball years. I hoped the ballerinas, Girl Scouts, band members and athletes might see bits of themselves in any of the pictures and were able to further visualize attending college or embarking upon a STEM career.

My sales pitch was rich in the “Engineer” part of STEM because I’m an “E.”  I gave them ON Semiconductor’s tag line; Energy Efficient Innovations, but this room full of high schoolers needed more than that, so I gave them a few more specifics.
ON Semiconductor engineers like me have built chips that are now in space helping scientists see. We have DSP technology in ears helping people hear. Our ICs improve the safety and efficiency of automobiles.  Our products are paramount in computing and communication networks and without some of our devices, their cell phones might not work. (I had their attention with this.)

I talked about our environmental and safety engineers who’ve built procedures to keep employees safe and our company responsible. I talked about our package engineers who build the blueprints which house the silicon and metal dice I design. And I talked about our quality and reliability engineers whose relentless requests for statistics and design rule checks have helped lead ON Semiconductor to regularly be named a top supplier and partner by a number of our customers.
I talked about only a fragment of what engineers build and I extended it to professions outside of the semiconductor industry. Engineers build bridges, roller coasters, electronics, methodologies, prosthetics, networks… The list is infinite. (And yes, for the “Math” folks in STEM, “infinite” is debatable, but let’s do that another day.)
I was clear. I wanted the girls to open their eyes to the possibilities and promise of STEM. I did as good a job as any engineer-playing-salesperson could do, but I conceded that despite the presentations, hands-on activities, the amazing women they’d meet, and the encouragement they’d receive during their conference, they may choose a different path entirely. I begrudgingly let them know that’s okay, but I still hope they become women who build.  
Women can build families. We can build medical practices. We can build generations of students in becoming teachers. Women can have a hand in building darn near anything.
Like we need our foundations, bridges and educations to be strong, our society needs strong women, too. We are half of the population—think of all that is built upon or from us. If we as women are going to build anything, we need to be willing and able to stand strong, to be firm, and to help build each other.
Tearing down happens all around us, but we don’t have to be a part of it. We can build. I encouraged every single girl in the audience, whether they consider a career in STEM or not, to become a woman who builds. It’s not always easy, but the beauty in building is that it can start any time. Whether it’s a bucket list, the next generation of STEM professionals, yourself or others, building can start now.

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分