如果我输入许可证服务器名称和端口,则会收到错误“无法获取NVIDIA许可证。您的系统当前正在运行GRID虚拟工作站(未经许可)。”
见附件截图。
我已确认主VM和许可证服务器之间的端口7070已打开。
我还尝试将vGPU配置文件(M10-8Q)而不是GPU直通分配给主VM,但后来我在NVIDIA控制面板中看不到许可证版本选项。
任何人都可以建议可能出错的地方?

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi,

I am currently building a new Citrix environment for one of our customers. The environment is based on the components and software in the list below.

The environement consists of:

- HP Proliant DL380 Gen9 servers
- 2 NVIDIA M10 cards in each server
- XenServer 7.12
- XenApp 7.14.1
- Windows Server 2016
- Provisioning Services 7.14
- NVIDIA-GRID-XenServer-7.2-367.106-370.12 drivers
- NVIDIA License Server 2015.09.0 Build 170926.
- NVIDIA Virtual Applications licenses

The problem is related to NVIDIA licensing on XenApp with GPU pass-through. We have aquired and installed NVIDIA Virtual Applications licenses for the environment on a Windows Server 2016 license server. The decision to choose Virtual Applications licenses are based on the use of XenApp (published applications/desktops) as the resource delivery model.

I am currently building a master image for the solution. The master server VM is configured with GPU pass-through enabled. In the Manage License section of NVIDIA Control Panel I am only seeing "GRID Virtual Workstation" and "Tesla (Unlicensed)". I am not seeing Virtual Applications. If I enter the license server name and port, I get an error "Failed to acquire NVIDIA license. Your system is currently running GRID Virtual Workstation (unlicensed)." See attached screenshot. I have confirmed that port 7070 is open between the master VM and the license server. I have also tried assigning a vGPU profile (M10-8Q) instead of GPU pass-through to the master VM, but then I see no License Edition choices in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Can anyone advice what could be wrong?

回帖(10)

王聪

2018-9-25 17:52:34
你好
出于兴趣,有没有一个特定的原因你选择了Passthrough而不是vGPU?
如果您使用8Q或Passthrough,这将为您提供CUDA访问权限,这需要您没有的Quadro vDWS许可证。
如果您拥有vApp许可证,请使用8A vGPU配置文件,了解您的使用方法。
问候

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi

Out of interest, is there a specific reason you've chosen Passthrough and not vGPU?

If you use the 8Q or Passthrough, this gives you CUDA access which requires a Quadro vDWS license, which you do not have.

As you have a vApps license, use the 8A vGPU profile and see how you get on.

Regards
举报

郭淑慧

2018-9-25 18:10:56
感谢您回复我的帖子。
我根据公司同事的意见选择了passthrough。
他在之前的项目中遇到了vGPU配置文件(挂起/冻结XenApp会话)的一些问题。
我一直认为GPU直通可以为XenApp服务器提供最强大的图形处理能力,而不是vGPU配置文件。
将专用GPU分配给单个XenApp服务器的想法听起来似乎有道理。
我错了吗?
我将提供M10-8A vGPU配置文件,但我们是否拥有正确的许可证(vApp)?
如何从NVIDIA控制面板中选择vApp作为许可?

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Thank you for replying to my thread. I chose passthrough based on input from a colleague in my company. He had some problems with vGPU profiles (hang/freezing XenApp sessions) in a previous project.

I've always been under the impression that GPU passthrough would give the most graphic processing power to a XenApp server, not vGPU profiles. The thought of having a dedicated GPU assigned to a single XenApp server sounds plausible. Am I wrong?

I will give the M10-8A vGPU profile a go, but do we have the correct license (vApp)? How can I select vApp as licensing from the NVIDIA Control Panel?
举报

李晓婷

2018-9-25 18:21:35
分配8GB vGPU配置文件使VM可以单独访问/使用Framebuffer所属的“物理”GPU。
性能方面,你会发现没有区别。
例如,如果您使用4GB vGPU配置文件,那么2个VM可以共享相同的“物理”GPU,而使用2GB vGPU配置文件,4个VM可以共享对相同“物理”GPU的访问。
但是通过使用8GB,没有更多的Framebuffer与其他VM共享,因此该VM保留了对此GPU的唯一访问/使用,从而提供最佳性能。
Passthrough和vGPU之间的主要区别在于vGPU有帧速率限制器,设置为60 fps。
使用Passthrough,没有帧速率限制器。
屏幕分辨率和显示器总量也是一个考虑因素。
如上所述,Passthrough也可以访问CUDA,8Q vGPU配置文件也是如此。
但无论您选择哪种Framebuffer配置文件,GPU处理性能都是相同的,它只取决于您访问它的VM的方式。
关于vApp许可证,您在第一篇文章中提到您拥有“ -  NVIDIA Virtual Applications许可证”,因此我假设您拥有此模型的正确许可证。
这里有一个链接可以帮助您进行部署,这里有很多好的信息:https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/latest/index.html
问候

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Assigning an 8GB vGPU profile gives the VM sole access / use of the "physical" GPU that the Framebuffer is part of. Performance wise, you will notice no difference. For example, if you were using a 4GB vGPU profile, then 2 VMs could share the same "physical" GPU, and with a 2GB vGPU profile, 4 VMs could share access to the same "physical" GPU. But by using 8GB, there is no more Framebuffer to be shared with other VMs, so this VM retains sole access / use of this GPU, which gives the best performance.

The main different between Passthrough and vGPU is that there is a frame rate limiter with vGPU, which is set to 60 fps. With Passthrough, there is no frame rate limiter. Screen resolution and the total amount of monitors are also a consideration. As mentioned above, Passthrough also gives access to CUDA, as does the 8Q vGPU profile. But regardless of which Framebuffer profile you chose, the GPU processing performance is the same, it just depends how may VMs you have accessing it.

Regarding the vApp license, you mention in your first post that you have "- NVIDIA Virtual Applications licenses", so I'm assuming that you have the correct licenses available for this model.

Here's a link that will help you out with the deployment, there's lots of good information here: https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/latest/index.html

Regards
举报

何禄蔓

2018-9-25 18:36:19
感谢您澄清passthrough和vGPU之间的区别。
这就是为什么我喜欢与IT合作,我每天都学到新东西:)
我按照您的建议给主VM一个M10-8A vGPU配置文件,并且能够通过NVIDIA控制面板许可VM(您的系统已获得GRID vGPU许可)。
但是,当使用M10-8Q vGPU配置文件时,我无法许可VM(无法获取NVIDIA vGPU许可证)。
对于GPU passthrough也是如此,我不能许可VM(无法获得NVIDIA lisense。您的系统当前正在运行GRID虚拟工作站(未经许可)。
您是否有任何解释为什么我无法使用GPU直通或8Q配置文件许可VM?
它与我的vApp(虚拟应用程序)许可证有关吗?

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Thanks for clarifying the difference between passthrough and vGPU. That's why I love working with IT, I learn something new every day :)

I gave the master VM a M10-8A vGPU profile as you suggested and was able to license the VM through NVIDIA Control Panel (Your system is licensed for GRID vGPU). But, when using the M10-8Q vGPU profile, I'm not able to license the VM (Failed to acquire NVIDIA vGPU license).

The same goes for GPU passthrough, I can't license the VM (Failed to acquire NVIDIA lisense. Your system is currently running GRID Virtual Workstation (unlicensed).

Do you have any explanation as to why I can't license the VM using either GPU passthrough or 8Q profile? Is it related to my vApps (Virtual Applications) licenses?
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分